Last Week/end in Photos

Friday, August 22, 2008

Thursday:
Baby shower! My coworker Joanna is pregnant and will soon be on her maternity leave so we had a surprise baby shower for her. Including some AMAZING homemade brownie cakes from a lady named Diana. I had three.






The lady in the middle with the black tank top and dark hair is Joanna.










Saturday:
Visit to Chinatown and Little Italy with Petra (stripes) and Sabine (German friends)
















We saw this fruit called Loghans everywhere. They look like large brown grapes or like small potatoes. Non of us had ever heard of them before.
So we asked a very nice Chinese man what they were, he gave a free sample. When he handed one to each of us, we looked at each other, then back at the man. "How do you eat it?" You would have asked this a well because the brown part is a rather hard shell. So some very nice bystanders proceeded to also take a sample and show us how to break them open....
The fruit inside is kind of clear and white with a black seed in the middle. I thought it looked like a large fish egg, but I had to at least taste it. So we all bit in. The verdict...




It was actually pretty sweet and tasty. However, I couldn't get the impression that I was eating a fish egg out of my head and I couldn't finish mine.

More photos of Chinatown:


Little Italy:


Just so you know, Chinatown is very wide and long with several blocks. Little Italy is only one long strip of about two blocks. We ate a yummy lunch in Chinatown and we will be returning to Little Italy sometime for some dinner sometime.

We also walked all though the village, Soho, and Noho. For those who don't know, this stands for North of Houston and South of Houston. And in NY, it's pronounced house-ten. Don't ask me why....


This is the house used for "I Am Legend". Where it is located is the spot where "Sesame Street" was "located". (was eavesdropping on a walking tour)


Is it just me, or is this squirrel smiling at me. And yes, I was that close. I think he was almost ready to jump on me...










Monday:
Three of us went to check out the last movie of the summer in Bryant Park....SUPERMAN!

This is Ruth from Scotland. She doesn't know it yet, but Sebine and I have decided to have a Webster reunion at her place in Scotland in two years. A week in Scotland with her then a week back with Sabine in Germany. Yup, sounds good.

0 comments: