Colors of New York

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Last Sunday we had one of the most beautiful fall days. The sun was out and it was a brisk 54 degrees outside. A friend of mine lent me her bike-in-a-bag for the weekend. Yes, you read it right. Bike-in-a-bag. You see, we are not allowed to keep bikes in our rooms because of their size. They are a fired hazard I guess. Well, Margaret decided she would get one of those fold-up bikes and then she could keep it in her room. Cleaver, yes? She's also the one who lived here 30 years ago and used to go rollerskating on the roof. Do we see a pattern here?

Anyways, I was grateful to take the bike out for a spin. I went up the Hudson bike path, across the Upper East Side over into Central Park, all around inside and the water, and then back again home the same way. Three hours and some 10 odd miles later, I was sore. I did, however, get some nice pictures of beautiful New York color. (The slideshow is a little odd and will only show you one new photo at a time before it goes through the entire thing again. Sorry. There are a little over 20 photos, so stay with it)


0 comments: