Some happenings

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ugly Betty
I saw the filming of Ugly Betty a few weeks back. The crew took over for or five blocks around where I work. It was fun. And, as an added bonus, Lindsay Lohon happened to making a guest appearance. And just as she was walking from her trailer I happened to be walking by her trailer. I didn't even know who it was, I just saw constant flash of bulbs from cameras. It was pretty funny to have her just walk by me. Here is a video clip from the filming and a pic of Lindsay.



Governors Island
Last week we had the most beautiful Sunday. Unlike today when you feel like you walk into a sauna once out your front door. Naparna, a friend from India, and I took the ferry to Governors Island. The island is located at the n tip of Manhattan. On this particular Sunday, they had free bike riding, kite flying, and mini golf. Naparna had never flown a kite before and hasn't ridden a bike since a young age. We arrived early, on the second ferry of the day. Went right away to get our bikes before the queue got really long and were off! We road around for awhile, found the kites, road some more, returned the bikes, tried to fly the kite with just breeze (didn't work so well), and then headed home. It was such a nice time.

0 comments: