Visit Home and Other Things

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

For those who didn't know. I took a long weekend and made the 5 hour flight home.
It was great to visit my family and home. It was especially fun showing up at random places and surprising people who didn't know I was home. I didn't really tell people I was coming so I could have some freedom to relax. I really need to relax because now I am in the last 9 days before my big benefit at work and everyone is on GO GO GO mode. But it's exciting. I'm having a great time.

I have also been given a event of my own that will take place next month. It's bigger than the last one I was given. This time, nothing has been done for the event and I have to start everything. I'm excited for the challenge. I have to send the invites out by Friday though. So it's a bit of a crunch with everything going on for the benefit next week.

The weather had turned cooler here. Last week it was in the 60's but this week we are having a bit of an "Indian summer". It's just beautiful! Makes me wish I didn't have to be in an office all day long. This weekend, I finally walked across the Brooklyn Bridge (Brooklyn to Manhattan, the best way to walk). Emma and I went and then ate some soft serve ice cream at then end. It was great!



Erin and I went out to Rockaway Beach on Sunday. It's in Queens. And let me tell you, this was a PERFECT beach day; just a slight chill in the breeze, a practically empty beach, soft sand, and a kite. Yes, we flew a kite on the beach. It was just wonderful and it was great to finally get to hang with Erin. We've only seen each other about three times since we both moved here, so it was great to spend the afternoon together.


A few of the girls in my building have had visitors for the past week. So we've all been doing lots and lots of things. Last night, we went and had dinner at the first pizzeria in the entire continental United States- Lombardi's. It was soooo good. It's located right on the edge of Little Italy. Afterward we went for a drink in Soho. It was lots of fun.
The Whole Lot Of Us EMMA Morgan & (visiting boyfriend) Mat Sophie

On Thursday, two of the ladies from my group are flying home; Sophie and Morgan. They both live in England. We are all sad to see them go. Our friend Ruth from Scotland left last week. She is spending two weeks in San Fransisco and then going back to Uni in Paris. So she actually won't be home till Christmas time, but we miss her here.

Well, it's time for me to go to bed.

Cheers!

0 comments: