Day 10: Birthday

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Today was a wonderful day.
Started with sleeping in and yummy blueberry pancakes for breakfast. After spending way too much time online searching for free things to do in New York, I decided I wanted to go for my first NYC run. I live very close to the West Side Hwy next to the Hudson and there is a bike/running trail all along it. Let me tell, this air is much thicker than back home. You think we have smog? Add some humidity and it's intense. A quick two mile run took much long than expect. I also locked my keys in my room. It's a bit embracing to go to the counter and ask for someone to unlock my door.
Had a big lunch (or dinner as it is referred to on Sundays here) then headed off to Madison Ave to bum around while waiting to meet friends. When to dinner with new friend Kerry and Erin then off to Redeemer for night service. I really like the pastor who spoke tonight.
Next was dessert at Serendipity 3 where we met up with other new friend Joanie. For those of you who are unaware, this is the restaurant from the movie Serendipity. Erin had to head home, but the rest of us had 45 mins to kill before we could get a table. Kerry noticed something down the street so we went to check it out..... it was the Roosevelt Island Tramway! This fun 4 min trip takes you 250 feet over the East River.

Kerry and Joanie on the Tramway

Kerry and I
So after our lovely ride, we headed back to Serendipity and got seated right away. We ordered a Frozen Hot Chocolate and a peanut butter humble pie sundae. They were SO amazing!!

Me with a Frozen Hot Chocolate
Walking to the Subway station, we found this very cool and hip place Dylan's Candy Bar. Full of candy that you can purchase and in the windows.....the Project Runway Dresses!


And lastly I got to come home, talk to a few friends from back home on the phone, and sit and watch some wonderful mindless TV shows. My choice too, no else cared what we watched :) Oh, and my folks gave me some glamorous pearl earrings too. Thanks Mum and Pa!! Love ya!
Was a very blessed wonderful day.

0 comments: