Day 9:

Saturday, July 5, 2008

A few days ago I went to Central Park. A word to the wise, if you even download walking tours to your iPod, make sure you pint the map that goes with it. Because when it tells you to take the path to the Alice In Wonderland statue, there aren't always signs and back tracing in Central Park can lead to a lot of extra time you were not planning on spending in the park. I also spend some time reading and taking a nap in front of Belvedere Castle. For lunch I attempted to buy a hot dog and eat on the steps of the MoMA like they do in Hitch, but they are repairing the front entrance and it was all boarded up :(

Two nights ago I went to meet a married couple, friends of a friend. Joanie is a residence hall manager and Ryan works with iron moldings. They are two of the coolest and nicest people! I loved hanging out with them and actually went over to their place last night for the 4th. We had a potluck. Couldn't actually see the fireworks but it was still fun. I also met this totally cool girl named Kerry.

Today started out slow. I had plans but flakiness changed that and I ended up staying home. However, I did meet up with Kerry and two of her friends for lunch. I'm very glad that I am starting to meet some Christian ladies my age. And then when I got home and check my email, I got an awesome surprise. Six of the best friends EVER bought me a 6th month pass for Netflix. Thanks you guys! I also got my first letter in the mail. It's cool to have mail in my little box :)

Randomness:
Saw my first subway rat. It was a big one too.
Wholefoods is BIG here. They are as big as back in Az. Everyone loves WF here.
You can kayak on the Hudson for free.
There is a discount on movies if you go before noon.
After a week, all the tourist get old.

0 comments: